housekeeper 音標拼音: [h'ɑʊsk,ipɚ]
n 1: a servant who is employed to perform domestic task in a
Housekeeper \House"keep`er\, n.
1. One who occupies a house with his family; a householder;
the master or mistress of a family. --Locke.
2. One who does, or oversees, the work of keeping house; as,
his wife is a good housekeeper; often, a woman hired to
superintend the servants of a household and manage the
ordinary domestic affairs.
3. One who exercises hospitality, or has a plentiful and
hospitable household. [Obs.] --Sir H. Wotton.
4. One who keeps or stays much at home. [R.]
You are manifest housekeeper. --Shak.
5. A house dog. [Obs.] --Shak.
20 Moby Thesaurus words for "housekeeper":
MC, attorney, bailiff, butler, chamberlain, croupier, curator,
custodian, emcee, factor, guardian, house steward, landreeve,
librarian, majordomo, master of ceremonies, proctor, procurator,
|中文認字識字與學習 |MD5加密,解密 |中文姓名英譯,姓名翻譯 |简体中文英文字典